My very first blogger award!!!
Big thanks to Danielle (who has the cutest family) at Transforming Home for nominating me! For those of you who are not familiar with the rules, here goes:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for the award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each.
I'm racking my brain trying to come up with 7 things that people don't know. Of course, some of you know me, so this may not be news to you, but here goes . . . .
1. I went to 4 different schools during my elementary years.
2. I don't like warm fruit. I mean, I can take a bit of it, but if we're talking about fruit pies, I'd prefer a little bit of fruit, a good amount of juice, and a lot of crust. I will do the "a la mode" thing, but there's still a restriction on a high quantity of fruit. There's a soul food restaurant here, and when I go, I always order "peach cobbler without the peaches." They know just what I mean.
3. I always love to say that I'm going to "spend the weekend cleaning," but anyone who knows me knows that's not true. I clean when the feeling hits me, but it doesn't hit that often and I'm okay with that.
4. I thought "Bad Santa" was a REALLY funny movie. I don't know anyone else who did.
5. I LOVE musicals--stuff like "My Fair Lady", "Gigi", "Auntie Mame", "Stormy Weather", "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", etc. Depending on what I'm watching, I know most of the words, too.
6. I'm always in awe that this is what it feels like to be 30. I thought I'd be farther along, have more accomplishments, living overseas, etc. I understand now why people say they're 45 and don't feel a day over 33. You always think that you'll feel different at a certain age, but you really just feel like the same old Dayka, with more experiences behind you. (except YOU wouldn't feel like the same old Dayka, but the same old ________.)
7. I love crime shows-Law & Order (the whole franchise), Crime 360, Southland, Dateline, First 48, etc. Who kills someone over a $20,000 life insurance policy, and why do these people think they won't get caught????? (Obviously not talking about L&O.)
And I'm nominating . . . . .
1. LaTasha @ Symone's Mommy--she was the first person to do a blog spotlight on me, and she brought a follower, too!
2. Michelle @ Three Men and a Lady. OMG!!!!!!! Her home is nothing short of AMAZING!
3. Lakeitha @ Home to Three Duncan Boys because she was the first person to suggest I link a project to someone else's site when I didn't even know what that was (like, a week ago). Plus, she's have a GREAT GIVEAWAY that anyone of us would love to have, so CHECK HER OUT!
4. Roeshel @ Evangeline's Vine. If you don't know her, you should be ashamed--she's the same woman from The DIY Show-Off! I'm in awe of the fact that in addition to running one of the most loved blogs (and the site through which many of us find each other), she also has another blog where she can express HER creative outlet. She's a really nice person, too. :)
5. Rebecca @ Painting the Roses White. She was the first person to comment from a blog that I followed (not in the blogging sense) before I got started blogging, and when I realized it was her, I really felt like I got noticed by someone special.
6. Beth @ The Stories of A to Z because even though the chance of us seeing each other is VERY slim, she still emailed me to find out how to correctly pronounce my name. Now that's thoughtful.
7. Karen @ Strictly Simple Style. She has a great mix of beautiful photos and great DIY projects. You'll probably be seeing those curtains in my home soon . . .
Hope this was engaging! Thanks again, Danielle!