1. It was sooooo nice to be back on 4 wheels after a hellacious week of car problems (on a car that has only been serviced at the dealership, no less). One thing I'll never take for granted is being able to jump in the car everyday and know without a doubt that it will start up. Atlanta had gorgeous weather this weekend & I was grateful to be able to hit the open road! *and for those of you who don't know, the photo is of a power steering line*
2. The weekend kicked off at my sister's house for dinner. She a connoisseur of many things, one of which is a gourmet chef. Lamb steak, asparagus, super creamy mashed potatoes with a DELICIOUS mushroom & onion gravy, and a yummy salad made my night (wish I could remember what was on the salad...).
3. This is one of my favorite style dressers to use as a tv console! It has classically traditional lines, a vintage history, & super solid craftsmanship. With the right paint job, it can easily go from dresser to buffet to tv console and back again--my client is excited and so am I!!
4. Spent quality time catching up on some mags in my downtime. I rarely read anything except design & business glossies these days, but I've decided to renew my subscription to InStyle--the October 2011 issue was packed with great info!
5. One of the things that draws me to vintage furniture is the hardware. Even if I don't love a piece, I'll buy it just to get my hands on some beautiful hardware. I like to think of it as finding the perfect hairstyle to go with your favorite outfit--the outfit might be beautiful, but the bad hair can really leave a sour taste in your mouth.